Several sets of interesting figures about hair
• A hair can grow about 20 hairs per hair follicle in a person's life, and each hair will fall off, and new hair will grow in the process.
• There are approximately 100,000 to 150,000 hair follicles on the head of each person. The number and density of hair follicles have been established at birth and no new hair follicles will be regenerated in adulthood.
• On average, there are about 100,000 hairs for everyone, and even the most intensive people can have as much as 150,000 hair.
· Each hair will fall, dropping about 50-100 hairs per day. Natural shedding of hair often occurs during shampooing or combing, so for people who wash their heads once a day, they may feel a few hundred hair drops at a time after a hair wash.
· The baby has 1,100 hair follicles per square centimeter of scalp, and this number will drop to 600 at the age of 25 and to 250 again at the age of 50.
The growth cycle of each hair is generally about 5 years.
· Waist-length hair is almost 80-90 cm long, probably about 7 years old.
According to surveys, the prevalence of dandruff in adults in China is as high as 70%, and it generally occurs before 20 years of age. Most patients disappear after 50 years of age.
• The hair grows at a rate of about 1 cm per month. In winter, the hair grows much faster than in the summer. Hair is cut hard, it is not able to make hair grow thicker and denser.